Welcome to Bleach Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Bleach Wiki talk:Translation Corner page, and thanks for joining our community! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help.
- Questions? You can ask on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Don't know what to do? The Community Portal has an outline of the site, and has links to pages to get you started!
- Here are some more pages you might find useful:
- Sign your name in discussions by typing ~~~~, which automatically adds your signature and the date, so we know who's talking!
How exactly would you be qualified to do Japanese translations if your German. We need serious translation in this regard. Which isnt related to any help from a online translator. --Salubri (Talk) 15:23, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
According to your profile your in middle school thats one issue this site has about the seriousness of your editing skills until proven different by your actions. Secondly German is as far away from Japanese as English is and once again until proven accurate with translations we cannot trust that your ability is as good as you claim. My suggestion is that you engage in some minor editing and translations to prove your capability in this area. Actions speak louder then words how can we access your capability if he have not seen you do anything. Regardless of what you think my perception is based on what I need to see personally your capability. We also need some little explanation as to how you came to the correct translations.--Salubri (Talk) 16:21, October 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok what we need for you to do is not to make arbitrary changes to the content of the translations whether its the kanji, romanji or otherwise. We need you to go to the Translation Corner page, present what you think should be changed and explain why it should and where you have come to the conclusion that it is wrong. --Salubri (Talk) 16:27, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
I at least could use help
Thanks for all your help so far, pointing out things overlooked and typos etc., and for your offers of help. :)
Some of these errors go back to the old olden days when information--and translations--were scarcer, and so mistakes were sown that are hard to root out, like rendering the Koutotsu as "seimichio", or Seireitei as "torore/toroel" (???!). As you know, a simple error can become similarly unkillable, even in more recent, better trans.; some people still believe that Yamamoto said he was the "30th (sanjuu) all-captain of the Court Guard troops" instead of the correct "all-captain of the 13 (juusan) Court Guard troops".
I work best with isolated words, e.g. names and things, and easy sentences. Plus I like to hope that some of my hoity-toity poesy (XD) helps, too; but as for fuller passages of text, I'm at best a cautious, caveat-bestowing proofreader.
I hope that maybe you can help out with the above things in particular, which thwart me, as well as autonomously in seeking out and bringing to light missed-errors and their corrections (as you're already doing). For example, the admins would like me to translate the descriptive text from things like UNMASKED which describe the techniques--not to mention those tantalizing Kubo interviews--but, for my skills, this is tough and drawn out:maybe (or probably) you'd be better for such a thing. :)
Let me know, and prob. the higher-ups, too (I'm just a normal user); and sorry if this seems like a lot, esp. after how long it took me to write to you.