What was the point of the Vandenreich invasion? Now, before you go all "Kubo wanted this to happen and Kubo wanted that to happen", think in story.
The way I see it:
- Kill shinigami and destroy buildings
- Capture Jakuho Raikoben, Kokujo Tengen Myo-oh, Senbonzakura Kageoshi, and Zanka No Tachi.
- "Kill" Izuru Kira, Kenpachi Zaraki, Byakuya Kuchiki, and Head Captain Yamamoto. (with Shunsui in an unknown condition.)
- Release the Soldat.
- Talk to Aizen.
- Retreat before Squad Zero shows up only to be partially delayed by Ichigo Kurosaki.
- Reveal how he escaped and a little bit about his past.
What was the point of half-way destroying the Soul Society? If I'm missing anything, please feel free to add. Other than that, safe chat, blah, blah, blah.