Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Well so far we have seen are fair share of battles throughout Bleach. With the most recent events it has been a whole lot happening so maybe to summarize the character participation so far.
- Rukia Kuchiki vs. Aaroniero Arruruerie = Rukia fatally injured and Aaroniero is killed.
Overview: Largely won due to chance. Rukia was far outmatched by this Espada with all of its abilities but the skill to manipulate her using the body of her former mentor was the topper. Her last attack just happened to end his existence. Turns out his downfall was his on Overconfidence, he didn't believe her a threat. Her resolve turned the fight in her favor though she was almost killed as a result.
- Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez = Ichgio medium injuries and Grimmjow fatally injured (presumably left to die)
Personal Theory: Grimmjow maybe dead. Seeing as Ichigo has yet to actually willingly kill and opponent he refused to kill a defeated Grimmjow and it was left to Nnoitra to kill him with his attack. The alternative view states we last saw him alive though fatally injured. Though the problem here is that since then he has not been seen in the story and for all purposes Ichigo has grown in power and therefore Grimmjow is no longer a threat to him or a match for him in power, thus ending the reason for his role in the story.
- Byakuya Kuchiki vs. Zommari Leroux = Byakuya lightly injured and Zommari is killed.
Overview: Basic Zommari's major failing seems to be his overconfidence in his ability. His main concern was to prove he was equal to a Shinigami on multiple levels. Though he apparently for his all his philosophy and skill proved to be no match for Byakuya. Who was concerned to his affronted pride then who was better hollow or shinigami. While seemingly the fastest Sonido user of the Espada, Byakuya proved faster with Shunpo. While possessing an ability allowing him puppet master control it proved ineffective to Byakuya's kido skill and determination. Then in the end he fell like most who come against Byakuya's bankai. Sad end screaming the name of the guy who was just using you, on the plus side he died before finding that out.
- Renji Abarai, Uryū Ishida & Mayuri Kurotsuchi vs. Szayel Aporro Granz = Renji & Ishida grievously injured and Szayel is killed.
Overview: Simple thing her mad scientist vs. mad scientist the fact that Renji and Ishida were involved played more like a warm up for end game of this battle. Who was better Mayuri he was prepared for every possibility and countered Szayel at every turn. Szayel for his part used those similar methods to toy and beat Renji and Ishida. So it was poetic justice in a way. Mayuri proved in the end to be the far better scientist proving that Szayel's notion of perfection was pointless.
- Ichigo Kurosaki, Nelliel Tu Oderschvank & Kenpachi Zaraki vs. Nnoitra Jiruga = Ichigo grievously Injured, Zaraki grievously injured and Nnoitra is killed.
Overview: Personal feelings is that this was one of the sickest battles in the series. Watching Zaraki fight is like the craziest thing in the world. Started with Ichigo getting wrecked and then Nel jumped in returned to her true form to settle some unfinished business only to revert back into her kid form (epic fail, turn her back to normal). Then Zaraki shows up and ultimate battle ensues with Zaraki showing him how they did in the 11th Division.
- Ichigo Kurosaki & Uryū Ishida vs. Ulquiorra Cifer = Ishida grievously injured, and Ulquiorra killed.
Overview: To say the least this battle was tense there was a question of whether there was gonna be an end as Ulquiorra kept upping the level of combat. Which I actually personally appreciated out of the fight. Though I didnt consider the second resurreccion necessary cause for the fan base it caused more problems then anything. (I like to point out my general outlook on it is that it was a simple plot device to push Ichigo into the new form, nothing more, as seemingly no other Espada possessed one nor does it seem necessary for them to). In any case the fight went on Ichigo went into another form and went totally overkill on Ulquiorra who later died due to complications from the fight.
Fake Karakura Town
- Yumichika Ayasegawa vs. Charlotte Cuuhlhourne = Charlotte killed.
Overview: No words, Yumichika using his mysterious kido-type zanpakuto.
- Izuru Kira vs. Avirama Redder = Avirama killed.
Overview: Kira proving that his skill in battle is more then dangerous to those who wish to challenge him.
- Shūhei Hisagi vs. Findor Carias = Hisgai ligthly injured. Findor is killed.
Overview: Shuhei finally kicks it up a notch and shows what his skill truly is.
- Ikkaku Madarame & Sajin Komamura vs. Choe Neng Poww = Ikkaku injured and Poww Killed.
Overview: Ikkaku fell short cause he refused to reveal his secret (ironic seeing as his best friend used his, albeit without anyone seeing). Komamura stepped in and showed his strength and how devastating his bankai is.
- Soifon vs. Ggio Vega, Marechiyo Ōmaeda vs. Nirgge Parduoc = Ggio and Nirgge killed.
Overview: Omaeda actually fought and showed that he actually possessed the skill to hold his position contrary to his normal personality. Soifon shows off the devastating shikai effect of her suzumbachi after playing possum for most of the fight.
- Rangiku Matsumoto & Momo Hinamori vs. Apache, Mila-Rose & Sun-Sun = Draw.
Overview: Rangiku shows her confidence at taking on 3 faccion at the same time and shows her capability with her zanpakuto and tactics. She eventually gets overwhelmed and gets some relief from the arrival of Momo (much to everyones surprise even the readers). Momo shows her skill at Kido seemingly taken out all 3 opponents.
- Gotei 13 vs. Allon = multiple lieutenants injured and Allon, Apache, Sun-Sun, Mila Rose killed.
Overview: the Three Faccion summons their monster pet who devastates by fatally injuring both Rangiku and Momo. Hisagi fights it and gets injured as well as Iba forcing the captain-commander to step in. He effortlessly takes out the monster and burns him to ashes and then proceeds to do the same to the wayward faccion that decide to attack him from behind, how foolish of them. (Though I dont think his intention was to kill them, depending on how you translate his words, but if he didn't he obviously underestimated their ability to stand against a small portion of his attack power).
- Tōshirō Hitsugaya vs. Tia Harribel = Draw
Overview: This was interesting battle considering Harribels power as the 3rd Espada she seemed to dominate the battle. But as the fight went deeper they became more equally matched with her water manipulation abilities against his ice manipulation abilities. Proving their attacks ineffective to each other. That was until Hitsugaya showcased his power over the weather (surprising alot of people) and well sealing her away to die.
- Soifon & Marechiyo Ōmaeda vs. Baraggan Luisenbarn = Soifon grievously injured. Draw
Overview: Soifon found herself totally outclassed in this battle. Though I found it refreshing that she still never gave up (especially after losing and arm) and even used her lieutenant as a distraction so she can prepare. She then revels her bankai and takes the fight to him.
- Shunsui Kyōraku & Jūshirō Ukitake vs. Coyote Starrk = Draw
Overview: Shunsui as always makes light of most the battle while still showing his skill. He then is surprised along with Ukitake that Starrk is two separate beings formed together in his released state. Fighting him becomes more of a evasion tactic seeing as Starrk's combat now is primarily cero blasts, Ukitake steps in and showcases his shikai ability totally canceling out his perceived advantage.
- The Vizards Appear: A garganta opens and the monsterous fura steps through with wonderweiss who breaks Harribel out of her ice prison and attacks Ukitake. Shunsui is taken out by Starrk and the Vizard show up as allies to the Ichigo and by extension the Gotei 13. Fure frees Aizen, Gin and Tosen from the fire prision. The Vizards destroy a bunch of hollows. Mashiro destroys Fura and the Vizard go to help the various shinigami in their battles.
- Hachigen Ushōda & Soifon vs. Baraggan Luisenbarn = Hachi is grievously wounded and Baraggan is killed.
Overview: Hachi takes control of the battle using kido though Baraggans powers prove far more powerful, prompting Hachi to use even greater levels of kido (unseen in the series on that level to date) and entrapping the Espada. He then has Soifon use her bankai in the inclosed space greatly injuring the 2nd Espada. Baraggan becomes enraged and uses his powers which corrodes Hachi's arm and Hachi teleports into baraggan which kills him. It was a good fight and classic. He was brought down by his own power, see what happens when you talk to much people can use what you say against you.
- Love Aikawa & Rōjūrō Otoribashi vs. Coyote Starrk = Draw.
Overview: Interesting fight Rose and Love doing there thing but overwhelmed by Starrks soul separation ability. Could have been a better fight didn't showcase them well.
- Shunsui Kyōraku vs. Coyote Starrk: Final Fight = Starrk is killed.
Overview: No worse for ware Shunsui returns and reveals the amazing ability of his shikai and totally beats starrk, by having the Espada play a game that of course Shunsui wins (he's far better player as the games are from his zanpakuto, he knows enough to master them after all this time).
- Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Lisa Yadōmaru & Hiyori Sarugaki vs. Tia Harribel = Harribel is killed by Aizen.
Overview: Harribel proves her skill by taking on a captain and two vizards. Though she was on defense the whole time.
- Mashiro Kuna & Kensei Muguruma vs. Wonderweiss Margera = Mashiro is injured. ?
Overview: Mashrio shows her Hakuda skills taking on the "special" wonderweiss and beating him senseless after she killed his pet. Her hollowfication fails her and she gets pummeled by wonderweiss. Kensei takes him on...
- Aizen's Impatience: Aizen gets impatient of waiting he unmercifully kills Harribel and then goads the others to attack which he only succeeds in inciting Hiyori's short fuse and she goes to attack only to bifurcated by Gin.
- Ichigo Kurosaki, Kenpachi Zaraki & Byakuya Kuchiki vs. Yammy Riyalgo = ?
Overview: Ichigo takes on Yammy with a new mask and throws the released Espada around only to lose his momentum and get pummeled. Byakuya and Kenpachi arrive and fight the Espada and enter into a contest of who can take him enraging Yammy to even great strength.
Fake Karakura Town
- Sajin Komamura & Shūhei Hisagi vs. Kaname Tōsen = Komamura and Hisagi grievously injured, Tosen is killed.
Overview: One of the more epic fights with unexpected things through it. Komamura and Hisagi taking on Tosen who reveals that he possesses Hollowfication and then a Resureccion he effortlessly beats Komamura's bankai and then proceeds to take out Komamura only to be taken out by his former lieutenant. This battle was one of the better ones, with an epic ending. It just flowed perfectly and then he exploded which was unexpected, but thats what happens when your a hypocrite that deals in betrayal.
- Shinji Hirako vs. Sōsuke Aizen = Draw
Overview: Short and not enough. Shinji finally reveals his shikai with a sick and amazing ability but its degraded by the overpowered Aizen, who states that his similar affecting shikai is far superior. This i personally felt was messed up. His Shikai was one of the better ones and it was barely showcased and Aizen didnt even really fall for it though it probably would have went better if Shinji hadn't told him how it worked. This should have been the final battle in my opinion no one was more deserving of getting revenge then Shinji. He was screwed over in this regard.
- Sōsuke Aizen vs. The Gotei 13 & The Vizards = The Gotei 13 & Vizards are defeated.
Overview: Currently I cant express my personal disappointment in the way this current fight is taking place. There are those who think its fine and there are those who don't a simple divide of beliefs. The problem I have is Aizen comes off overpowered and undefeatable and then he has to effortlessly take and beat the best of the best of the series. My only real issue is the story seems like its getting caught in a trap. If the opponents arent on even ground even partially then how can they fight him. I also cant understand why everyone else has to be made weak and ineffectual just so Aizen can appear powerful. The only way to seemingly beat someone like this is having someone of equal or greater power. We will see how this goes in following chapters. So far since his intro into actual battle he has overpowered Shinji and now the rest of the Gotei 13 and Vizards with ease. There seems to be a turn of events that even Aizen didn't expect. As Soifon, Hitsugaya, Shinji, and Shunsui work together to attack him all at once. Ending with the most devastating wound ever dealt to Aizen in the series. Turns out to be an illusion created by Aizen as he has apparently switched places with Hinamori at some point. Aizen then takes out everyone. Meanwhile Ichigo who was not under the effects of Aizen's zanpakuto just stood there and didn't say nothing about the situation or try to stop it. (WTF) Aizen then took out Shinji, Hitsugaya, Soifon and Shunsui with one strike or something to that affect from a mile away.
- Sōsuke Aizen & Wonderweiss Margera vs. Genruysai Shigekuni Yamamoto = Wonderweiss destroyed and Yamamoto Incapacitated/Dead? (somewhat confused about what takes place with Aizen's words seemingly unclear as well as the panels).
Overview: So finally Yamamoto appears and after Aizen does his usual im superior talk he goes and attacks the captain-commander. Only for Yama to pull the blade into him further and engage a technique to burn him, Aizen and all the others to nothing for the sake of vanquishing a great evil. Thats a good idea if ive heard one. Then he explains its all been a set up to destroy Aizen. Then Wonderweiss shows up and attacks Yama. Ryujin Jakka's flames disappaers and Aizen explains why. So the captain-commander effortlessly beats on Wonderweiss without his zanpakuto using hand-to-hand combat. Takes a beating with no real injury and then totally destroys wonderweiss in one blow. Wonderweiss then explodes with all the flames he absorbed from Yama's previous attack and to protect everything Yama jumps on top of him and deflects most the explosion. The captain-commander survives it and is almost attacked by Aizen as he lays vulnerable but proves not so easily beaten as he grabs Aizen's leg and uses a high level kido spell which actually surprises Aizen. Aizen is caught in it but escapes only to be confronted by a hollowfied Ichigo.
- Sōsuke Aizen vs. Ichigo Kurosaki =
Overview: Ichigo attacks Aizen with Getsuga Tensho Injuring him and they go toe-to-toe against each other with ichigo holding his own. Aizen gets beat back and admits that he is impressed. Then after all that Aizen heals and revels that he has hogyoku embedded in his body. He then goads Ichigo claiming to have been behind every battle that has taken place in his short interaction between the world of the living and the dead. He then tries to explain to Ichigo he was aware of him from the very time he was born.
- Gin Ichimaru vs. Ichigo Kurosaki =
Overview: Ichigo takes on Gin Ichimaru and goes toe-to-toe with the former captain. Gin explains how his shikai works and then explains his bankai. He then releases his bankai and cuts the surrounding buildings in half with ease before swinging toward Ichigo. Ichigo blocks it much to Gin's surprise and releases a point blank Getsuga Tensho against Gin. Gin survives and goes on the offensive after retracting his sword. Ichigo is worried by this and concludes that Gin was misleading him that its not his zanpakuto's length but speed that he should watch out for. Gin confirms this but states that the knowledge wont save him.
- Sōsuke Aizen vs. Isshin Kurosaki =
Overview: Isshin interrupts Aizen dressed as a Shinigami and knocks out Ichigo and gets far enough away and hides their presence so he can talk to his son. Ichigo states he understands that his father had his reasons for not telling him and that he can explain later. Isshin then goes and takes on Aizen putting him on the defense. Aizen then explains to him the true power of the Hogyokue, which totally confuses Isshin. They are interrupted by the battle between Ichigo and Gin and then are further interrupted by the arrival of Kisuke Urahara.
- Gotei 13
- 1.) Yamamoto = Incapacitated / ? (says sacrificial but ultimately Unclear)
>>Chojiro = Outside the Barrier ?
- 2.) Soifon = Fatally Injured (minus one arm)
>>Omaeda = Unknown
- 3.) Izuru = Fatally Injured
- 4.) Unohana = Tending to Hiyori & Hachi
>>Isane = Healing Rukia, Chad and Renji in Hueco Mundo
- 5.) Momo = Fatally Injured (probably dead now, who knows)
- 6.) Byakuya = Fighting Yammy in Hueco Mundo
>>Renji = Incapacitated in hueco mundo
- 7.) Komamura = Fatally Injured (minus one hand)
>>Iba = Grievously Injured
- 8.) Shunsui = Fatally Injured
>>Nanao = Unknown, not at the battle
- 9.) Hisagi = Active/Grievously Injured
- 10.) Hitsugaya = Fatally Injured
>>Matsumoto = Fatally Injured
- 11.) Kenpachi = Fighting Yammy in Hueco Mundo
>>Yachiru = In Hueco Mundo / Ikkaku = Active / Yumichika = Unconscious
- 12.) Mayuri = Active in Hueco Mundo
>>Nemu = Active in Hueco Mundo
- 13.) Ukitake = Grievously Injured (?)
>>Rukia = Being healed by Isane in Hueco Mundo
- Ichigo's Group
- Ichigo = Fighting Aizen
- Chad = Incapacitated in Hueco Mundo
- Ishida = (minus one hand) Being healed by Orihime in Hueco Mundo
- Orihime = Healing Ishida in Hueco Mundo
- Urahara's Group
- Urahara = Newly Arrived
- Yoruichi = Unknown
- Tessai = Unknown
- Shinji = Fatally Injured
- Love = Fatally Injured
- Rose = Fatally Injured
- Kensei = ?
- Mashiro = Incapacitated
- Lisa = Fatally Injured
- Hiyori = Bifurcated by Gin, being helped by Unohana.
- Hachi = Trying to help Hiyori (minus one arm), being helped by Unohana.
- Aizen's Group
- Aizen = Fighting Isshin Kurosaki
- Gin = Fighting Ichigo Kurosaki
- Tosen = Dead
- Wonderweiss = Dead