Welcome to my Bleach Favorite Parts blog post.
You'll find here some of the moments that marked me in the serie.
The Hollowfication Incident
- The Hollowfication Incident is a major incident detailing the history of the Visored's creation and the ascendancy and fall of Kisuke Urahara within the Gotei 13. It further goes into the onset of the first attempts of Hollowfication by Sōsuke Aizen over one hundred years ago.
- The incident started with the appointment of Kisuke Urahara as captain of the 12th Division after the promotion of Kirio Hikifune to the Royal Guard. Using his new status, he creates the Shinigami Research and Development Institute in order to put his inventions to good use.
- Nine years later, Aizen conducts Hollowfication experiments on residents within the Rukongai prompting an investigation from the Gotei 13. The 9th Division are tasked with the mission, but most of its highly ranked officers are cut down and the captain and lieutenant are Hollowfied. This prompts further investigation and the team that are sent out are also subjected to the experiments. The arrival of Urahara saves them from slaughter, but Aizen escapes. When he fails to save them, Urahara is arrested and charged with the crimes. With the help of Yoruichi Shihōin he and the Visored escape to the Human World.
The Rise & Fall of Masaki Kurosaki
- The Rise & Fall of Masaki Kurosaki is an event taking place several years prior to Ichigo Kurosaki meeting Rukia Kuchiki. It involves 10th Division Captain Isshin Shiba going to the Human World to investigate a number of Shinigami disappearances, where he meets Masaki Kurosaki for the first time.
The Death Trilogy Overture: Death & The Strawberry
- The Death Trilogy Overture: Death & The Strawberry was a major conflict detailing the first time Ichigo Kurosaki met Rukia Kuchiki and became a Shinigami in charge of protecting Karakura Town from Hollows.
- The conflict started when Rukia arrived at Ichigo's house lead by a Hollow's scent. She was injured by the Hollow and had to pass her Shinigami powers to Ichigo.
- Ichigo agreed to help her protect the town from Hollows while her powers were restored, which led him to numerous battles against different Hollows.
- The conflict ended when Captain Byakuya Kuchiki and Lieutenant Renji Abarai were sent from Soul Society to take Rukia as a prisoner. Ichigo lost his Shinigami powers while trying to prevent this and had to be aided by Kisuke Urahara to get them back. After undergoing training with Urahara, Ichigo, along with Orihime Inoue, Yasutora Sado, Uryū Ishida, and Yoruichi Shihōin, left to Soul Society to rescue Rukia.
- The Ryoka Invasion was a major conflict marking the first time Ryoka had ever gained ground against the elites of the Soul Society. It was an invasion by Ichigo Kurosaki, Uryū Ishida, Yasutora Sado, Orihime Inoue and Yoruichi Shihōin into Soul Society to save their friend Rukia Kuchiki from being executed.
- The Invasion began when Ichigo and his friends decided to save Rukia from an unjust fate that Ichigo believed was more his fault than hers. They proceeded to infiltrate the Soul Society itself, immediately causing a stir that created a level of distrust among the Gotei 13, fracturing it with the seemingly impossible death of one of their own, Captain Sōsuke Aizen, which was blamed on the Ryoka invaders.
- The Invasion ended with the defeats of various captains and lieutenants at the hands of Ichigo and his friends, but the situation quickly became even more complicated when the entire Gotei 13 was revealed to have been the victim of an elaborate conspiracy. Sōsuke Aizen was not only revealed to be alive, but the mastermind behind the whole conspiracy, with Captains Gin Ichimaru and Kaname Tōsen acting as his subordinates. Aizen's goal was the retrieval of the Hōgyoku, a creation of Kisuke Urahara, that had been hidden in Rukia's body. Now in hand, he escaped, leaving the Gotei 13 to ponder their next move.
- The Arrancar Invasion was a major conflict detailing the first time Soul Society had ever fought complete Arrancar. It was an invasion by Ulquiorra Cifer, Yammy Llargo, Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez and his Fracción, Luppi Antenor & Wonderweiss Margela at various intervals.
- The Invasion started when Sōsuke Aizen sends Ulquiorra and Yammy to gather intel on the power level of Ichigo Kurosaki. What started out as a simple reconnaissance mission became a chaotic battle as Grimmjow and his subordinates attacked Karakura Town without permission. The result allowed the Shinigami Task Force stationed there and Ichigo to get first hand experience of fighting the new enemy. It also provided the need for Ichigo to learn to conquer his inner Hollow.
- The Invasion ended with the defeats of several Arrancar at the hands of Ichigo and the Shinigami Task Force with a little extra help. But when Orihime Inoue is accused of turning traitor and going over to the Arrancar's side, Ichigo, who determined that she was taken against her will, seeks aid from Kisuke Urahara, who sends him to even greater danger in Hueco Mundo, the home of the Hollows.
Invasion of Hueco Mundo
- The Invasion of Hueco Mundo is a major conflict where Ichigo Kurosaki, Uryū Ishida, and Yasutora Sado enter Hueco Mundo in an attempt to rescue Orihime Inoue.
- The White Invasion is a major conflict where the Gotei 13 and the Visored battle against Sōsuke Aizen and his Arrancar army to stop him from making the Ōken.
Invasion of Soul Society
- The Invasion of Soul Society is a major conflict detailing Sōsuke Aizen's and Gin Ichimaru's attack on the real Karakura Town located in Soul Society, and the final battle between Ichigo Kurosaki and Aizen.
Tale of the Lost Agent
- The Tale of the Lost Agent is a major conflict detailing Ichigo Kurosaki seventeen months after Sōsuke Aizen's defeat, completely devoid of any spiritual power or awareness at all. Following his friend Uryū Ishida's attack, Ichigo decides to regain his lost Shinigami powers. He enlists the help of Fullbringers calling themselves Xcution.
Quincy Blood War
The Zanpakutō Rebellion
- The Zanpakutō Rebellion is an event in which Muramasa, a Zanpakutō spirit, frees many other Zanpakutō spirits from their masters and starts a rebellion under the guise of wanting to free all Zanpakutō spirits from the control of Shinigami. In truth, he seeks nothing more than to free his master, Kōga Kuchiki, who was sealed away long ago.
- The rebellion begins when Muramasa appears and begin freeing the many Zanpakutō spirits. The Shinigami begin to lose the ability to contact their Zanpakutō spirits. Muramasa leads the spirits to a confrontation with the Shinigami atop Sōkyoku Hill. The Shinigami, now unable to use their Zanpakutō, are unable to deal with their former Zanpakutō, throwing the Seireitei into a state of emergency.
- The event ends after Ichigo Kurosaki enters the dome-like structure which an out-of-control Muramasa creates. Ichigo fights Muramasa and, after a fierce battle, manages to defeat him, ending the rebellion and Muramasa's control over all Zanpakutō spirits who have not already been freed.