Welcome to the world of manani. This refers to one who won't care about a series if it is an anime or a manga, but likes it as long as it is good and not them to fall asleep.That describes me well. Now, I got into bleach around the year 2009 out of curiousity(i never got into manga much due to the fact i was more of a disney-kid who plays the pokemon games) and i liked it. Now, i am glad i read bleach today.
7. Byakuya Kuchiki- i can't help myself but like male characters with long black hair and i liked him from the beginning. I guess i can't relate to Shinigami but he has reasons to act this way. Plus as a kid, he looks cute! (Still, how can one not have eyebrows, please explain!)
6. Grimmjow Jeagerjaques- He is a great Espada and i knew that he was never dead from the beginning and he is a badass. I like to compare him to Greed from the Fullmetal Alchemist series(my favorite anime of all time) and i can get what he believes in(it is his opinion of the world should be; i can't blame him). I despised Luppi and one of my favorite moments in Bleach was when Grimmjow really got his true power back.
5. Shunsui Kyōraku- one of my favorite characters in anime are the comic relief types(like Lloyd from Code Geass, Maes hughes from the FMA series,etc.). His first appearance(outside of the 2 captain meetings!) makes him elegant and yet hilarious at the same time.
4. Renji Abarai- i like him and from his appearance, i thought he was badass(i am just saying). He has a cool sword, and yet one of the few characters to have re hair in anime(has anyone notice that...?) but otherwise, he is a great character. Please don't make him weak!
3. Jūshirō Ukitake- i really like him. He is a kind person and yet very likeable. He is calm at times and yet i feel bad for him. He has a terrible sickness that makes me feel bad for him. I like his sword and he plays a nice role in Bleach(which i think is great).
2. Ichigo Kurosaki- he is the main character and i had to put him somewhere(not always). Yet, he is a complex character and strange enough, it is supposed to be a girls first name.(It is true by the way). He never gives up(like most protagonists) but it is his determination that makes me like him and shares Kaien's beliefs and that is nice. He has an amazing sword and yet he might be cocky but that is how he is. He is like Yusuke from Yu Yu Hakusho in a way.
1. Rukia Kuchiki- always been my favorite female bleach character. She is sort of serious, kind of strange at first but i like her for making Bleach the way it should be. But she is complex and changes because of Ichigo.(but if i tried to do fanart of her, it comes off a different character). I like her voice in both versions and yet i felt bad that she had to kill Kaien and understood what she's going through.
I don't believe the anime should come out this year until it is something like Inuyasha: The Final Act. In my opinion, it is the best out of the big 3(Naruto is a guilty pleasure of mine). I like Gintama a lot and yet i like Bleach a little more but the anime version; it is the complete opposite(because there are rarely any filler in Gintama; if they were, they are entertaining.)My favorite filler arc is the Shusuke Amagai arc and my favorite opening of Bleach is "Chu-bara" by Kelun.