|Previous Affiliation||Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Previous Position||5th Seat of the 3rd Division|
|Previous Division||3rd Division|
|Base of Operations||Seireitei, Soul Society|
He wears dark, thick rimmed glasses and a helmet that covers the top of his head. There are four small holes at the front of the helmet and two lines run backward from above his eyes. He also has a beard.
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Along with Lieutenant Izuru Kira and his fellow Third Division officers, he is present at the base of one of the pillars of blue flame caused by the Wandenreich invasion. He complains that he is tired of waiting and hopes that the enemy emerges soon. When a member of the Reishi Investigation Team tells them there is a Quincy inside the flame, Izuru orders them to attack. However, Izuru is heavily wounded before he can do anything. Rikū Togakushi orders the remaining Shinigami to use their Shikai to attack. He releases his Shikai, but is overpowered by the Quincy opponent, who swiftly slams his head into the ground.
Powers & Abilities
Mogaribue (虎落笛, Tiger-Fall Flute; Viz "Whistling Winter Wind"): Although largely unseen, in its sealed form, it appears to resemble a normal katana.
- Shikai: Its release command is "Sound with a Blow" (吹鳴らせ, fukinarase). While partially obscured, upon activation, the blade widens and becomes more angular so that its shape more closely resembles that of a large cleaver. A number of small holes also appear along the sword's length.
- Like his fellow Third Division seated officers — Rikū Togakushi and Asuka Katakura — the name of Taketsuna's Zanpakutō is a poetic, seasonal word. "Mogaribue" (虎落笛, Tiger-Fall Flute) is a term used to describe "winter wind whistling through a bamboo fence".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 494, page 9
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 494, pages 8-15
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 494, pages 14-15