|Base of Operations||Karakura Town, Japan, Human World|
|Relatives||Orihime Inoue (Sister) |
Unnamed Grandfather (deceased)
|Manga||Volume 1, Chapter 3|
AppearanceWhen he was alive, Sora was a tall, slim man with long, brown hair and wore a suit. When he became Acidwire, Sora grew in size and took the form of a red and brown, Naga-like Hollow. There is a black pattern on the top of his tail and his Hollow hole is in the center of his chest.
While alive, Sora cared for his sister, whom he thought of as a daughter, and doing whatever it took to protect her. When he died, however, Sora's desire to be with Orihime turned into an obsession, and this obsession turned into murderous rage when Orihime stopped praying for him, causing him to target Orihime's friends in order to retain their bond.
When Sora was fifteen, his sister Orihime was born. The pair were raised by a drunken father and a prostitute mother, who always argued and beat their children. Fearing that their parents would kill Orihime, in the month that Sora turned eighteen, he ran away with Orihime and raised her from then on. When he was twenty-seven, Orihime and Sora had an argument over the hairpins he had bought for her. The next morning, Sora left for work, but did not speak to Orihime. That day, he died in the Kurosaki Clinic after being injured in a car accident. For the following three years, he listened to Orihime's prayers and stories about her friends, which eventually left him feeling lonely and resentful of her friends.
Agent of the Shinigami arc
Acidwire briefly attacks Ichigo Kurosaki in his bedroom, but flees when part of his mask is cut off by Ichigo. He goes to Orihime's apartment, where he separates her soul from her body. As he attacks Tatsuki Arisawa, Orihime runs into his arm and knocks it back. She pleads with Tatsuki to get up, but Acidwire tells her that Tatsuki cannot hear or see them. Orihime asks how he knows her name, prompting Acidwire to ask if she had forgotten even his voice. He tries to attack her, but Ichigo arrives and blocks his attack, leaving Acidwire surprised that he would interfere.
When Ichigo asks why he can see two Orihimes, Acidwire explains that he is looking at her soul and that she is dead. He attacks Ichigo, sending him flying outside the apartment and turns his attention to Orihime. He shows her the part of his face left exposed due to his damaged Hollow mask. As she recognizes him, he explains that Tatsuki and Ichigo were tearing her away from him. He tells her about how she prayed less and less for him as the years went by until she stopped altogether and instead talked about Ichigo, also saying that he grew lonely and wanted to kill. Orihime asks why he hurt them instead of telling her and he angrily tells her that she turned him into what he is now. As he threatens to kill her, Ichigo cuts off his arms.
Acidwire insists that Orihime is his and that she should die for him and tries to attack Ichigo. However, Orihime steps between them and takes the blow herself. Orihime apologizes to him, saying that she wanted him to hear about the good things in her life so that he would not worry about her. Orihime tells him that she loves him and as Rukia Kuchiki heals her, he tells Orihime that deep down he knew that, but it made him feel better when she prayed to him. Ichigo points out to him that she is wearing the hairpins he gave her and tells him not to be selfish and that he is not the only one who is sad. He grabs Ichigo's Zanpakutō and uses it to remove the remains of his Hollow mask. Saying that if he stays as he is, he will lose himself again; he then decides to purify himself with the sword. He and Orihime bid farewell to each other as he purifies himself.
Powers & Abilities
Vitriol Shot (ヴィトリアルショット, Vitoriarushotto): Acidwire is capable of spitting acid a considerable distance. The acid is able to burn the hand of Ichigo Kurosaki, forcing him to drop his Zanpakutō.
Orihime and Sora's past was toned down in the anime. In the manga, it was said their father was an alcoholic and their mother was prostitute who would beat their children whenever they cried and Sora ran away with Orihime to protect her from them. In the anime, their parents simply abandoned them when Sora was 18.
- In the anime, Sora is dragged to Hueco Mundo by a Hollow, where he is turned into a Hollow at the behest of Grand Fisher. This is not shown or even suggested in the manga.
- In the original official English-language manga translation, he was given the name Kakei, as his real name had not been mentioned at that point, but he is still called Sora in the character popularity polls as well as in the collectors edition and all subsequent appearances.
- In the manga when Sora becomes a Hollow, a Human left eye is shown through his mask. However, in the anime his mask covered his entire face, not leaving his eye. This is slightly different from the original storyline in the manga.
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 6, page 1
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 5, pages 12-15
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 6, pages 1-2
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 450, page 10
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 6, pages 11-15
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 3, pages 12-13
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapters 5-6
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 3, pages 17-19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 4, pages 9-19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 5, pages 5-19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 6, pages 2-16
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Bleach Official Character Book 3 UNMASKED, page 156
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 5, page 8
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 5, pages 6-9
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 6, page 1
- ↑ Bleach anime; Episode 3
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Bleach anime; Episode 2
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 5, page 12
|Hollow Abilities||Cero • Kūmon • Negación • High-Speed Regeneration|
|Notable Hollows||Fishbone D • Hexapodus • Acidwire • Shrieker • Grand Fisher • The Demi-Hollow • Bulbous G • Numb Chandelier • Metastacia • Bawabawa • Runuganga • Guardian of the Forest of Menos • Zonzain • Ayon • Hooleer • Battikaroa • Michel • Tapeworm Hollow • Yosuke • White|
|Notable Places||Hueco Mundo • Forest of Menos • Las Noches|