|English||World Penetration Gate|
|Purpose||Travel between Soul Society and the Human World|
Soul Society and the World of the Living are parallel worlds. The Senkaimon is the gate used to travel between the two worlds, and is the only official and safe way to enter and leave Soul Society. The Soul Society has only one permanent Senkaimon, which takes the form of a giant gate situated within a large courtyard atop a large tower. Travel through the Senkaimon is heavily regulated, and can only officially be opened by the members of the Kidō Corps. Upon opening the gate doors, white light, extending upward into the sky of Soul society, emanates from the door.
While the Senkaimon is run by the Kidō Corps, some high ranking Noble Families have their own private Senkaimon.
Upon arriving and leaving from the Human World the Senkaimon can appear almost anywhere. When it appears in this fashion, the Senkaimon takes the form of a traditional Japanese waiting room entered through a Shōji. It can be opened by using a Zanpakutō as a key. The method requires simply placing the Zanpakutō in front of the user and, inserting it into the spacial area one wants the Senkaimon to appear, turning the sword like a key. As the crease of the door appears and fully opens, another door beyond it opens, releasing the Jigokuchō. Intruders can pass through the Senkaimon in the same manner. While this method uses the same gate, the lack of a Jigokuchō forces intruders to pass through the Dangai (断界, Parsing World), a bordering dimension between the Human World and Soul Society (not to be confused with Hueco Mundo). This is much more dangerous to do, as souls who cannot pass through before the gate to Soul Society closes are trapped there forever. It is possible for Seireitei to deactivate these mechanisms, allowing Shinigami or Humans to traverse the Dangai safely.
- Tenkai Ketchu (転界結柱, World-Shifting Binding-Posts): A variation of Senkaimon where four giant pillars are placed at four corners to replace the space within it with another space.
- Chōkaimon (超界門, Super World Gate): A gate that a Royal Guard can open, sending someone directly to the human world from the Soul King Palace. The gate can also be opened to send the said someone back, but to do so requires syncing the arrival and departure times.
- ↑ Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED; page 69
- ↑ Bleach anime; Episode 172
- ↑ Bleach Official Character Book Souls; page 259
- ↑ Bleach Official Character Book 2 MASKED; page 252
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 315, pages 6-7
- ↑ "Bleach" manga; Chapter 538, page 3
|Combat||Zanjutsu • Hohō • Kidō • Hakuda|
|Shinigami Abilities||Zanpakutō • Reiryoku • Reiatsu • Reiraku • Shunkō|
|Government||Central 46 • Soul King|
|Nobility||Kuchiki Clan • Shihōin Clan • Noble Houses|
|Military||Gotei 13 • Onmitsukidō • Kidō Corps • Royal Guard • Gatekeepers|
|Institutions||Seireitei Communication • Shinigami Research and Development Institute • Shin'ō Academy|
|Recreational||Shinigami Women's Association • Shinigami Men's Association • Tea Ceremony Club • Ikebana Club • Calligraphy Club|
|Locations||Soul Society • Seireitei • Central 46 Compound • Nest of Maggots • Sōkyoku Hill • Gin Tonbo • Kuchiki Family Manor|
|Items||Jigokuchō • Gigai • Reigai • Gikon • Kaizō Konpaku • Denreishinki • Ōken • Gokon Tekkō|