Rock Musical BLEACH
The first musical, Rock Musical BLEACH, centers around Ichigo Kurosaki becoming a Shinigami, Rukia Kuchiki going back to Seireitei, and the trio of friends arriving in Seireitei, ending when Renji Abarai is defeated by Ichigo. The events that take place are practically the main events that concern said characters in Bleach until about half of the Soul Society arc.
August 17 - 28, 2005 [Tokyo, Japan; Space Zero]
The second musical has only minor differences from the first, a slightly larger stage, a few new songs, and adds the new cast member, Eiki Kitamura, to portray Izuru Kira. It is not to be confused with Bleach Soul Sonic 2005, the seiyū event that featured a small preview of it.
January 5 - 8, 2006 [Osaka, Japan; Meil Park Hall]
January 14 - 19, 2006 [Tokyo, Japan; Nippon Seinenkan Dai Hall]
The Dark of the Bleeding Moon
The Dark of the Bleeding Moon adds Kumiko Saito to portray Yoruichi Shihōin (Saito has the same name as the actress portraying Momo Hinamori), Kohei Murakami to portray Hanatarō Yamada, Harumi Inoue to portray Rangiku Matsumoto, Shogo Suzuki to portray Kenpachi Zaraki, and Takuya Usui to portray Ikkaku Madarame. They cut Yousuke Ito (Kisuke Urahara), Rei Yoshii (Orihime Inoue) and Naofumi Yoshida (Yasutora Sado) from the cast. The musical features Ichigo Kurosaki meeting the 11th squad, to Rukia Kuchiki who is about to be executed.
August 10 - 13, 2006 [Osaka, Japan; Meil Park Hall]
August 16 - 21, 2006 [Tokyo, Japan; Nippon Seinenkan Dai Hall]
The Live Bankai Show Code 001
The Live Bankai Show Code 001 and all other Live Bankai Shows are not a part of the Bleach storyline, but does mention/imply the events taking place. The musical is more for fun and features a few new songs. Naoya Gomoto portrays Shūhei Hisagi for the first time. Harumi Inoue who plays Rangiku Matsumoto was not in this musical because she was pregnant with her son at the time.
January 10 - 14, 2007 [Tokyo, Japan; Aoyama Theater]
No Clouds in the Blue Heavens
No Clouds in the Blue Heavens focuses on Rukia's execution and the main events surrounding it. It sees the addition of Asuka Sekine, Hiroko Kasahara, and Masahiro Kuranuki to the cast. Their roles are Suì-Fēng, Retsu Unohana, and Kaname Tōsen respectively. Kohei Murakami and Harumi Inoue were not able to play Hanatarō Yamada and Rangiku Matsumoto in No Clouds in the Blue Heavens but they both will appear in the next three musicals.
March 21 - 27, 2007 [Tokyo, Japan; Nippon Seinenkan Dai Hall]
April 3 - 8, 2007 [Hyougo, Japan; Hyougo Theater]
The All was the next musical and was simply all the aforementioned musicals in one (excluding the Live Bankai Show Code 001). It was basically the whole Soul Society arc. This was performed consecutively with The Live Bankai Show Code: 002.
March 24 - 31, 2008 [Tokyo, Japan; Shinjuku Koma Theater]
The Live Bankai Show Code 002
This was performed along with The All. Just like the two other Live Bankai Shows, this shows the lighter side of the Shinigami such as their daily lives, their duties, and how they feel about their superiors, though the major events that occurred are still implied.
March 24 - 31, 2008 [Tokyo, Japan; Shinjuku Koma Theater]
The Live Bankai Show Code 003
The Live Bankai Show Code 003 was performed with almost the entire cast, with the exception of Kengo Ohkuchi. Harumi Inoue was only able to perform in the Tokyo shows due to being pregnant a second time. This musical concluded Rock Musical: BLEACH.
January 15 - 17, 2010 [Fukuoka, Japan; Momochi Palace]
January 20 - 25, 2010 [Osaka, Japan; Theater Brava]
January 29 - February 8, 2010 [Tokyo, Japan; Nippon Seinenkan Dai Hall]
Rock Musical BLEACH Shinsei 2011
In July 2011, Rock Musical BLEACH hit again for the 10th anniversary of Bleach (it has been serialized since August 2001), this time with a new set of cast members. Heading the script and production is Kida Tsuyoshi. As for the part of the lead role (Ichigo Kurosaki), Norizuki Kouhei was chosen out of more than 4,000 auditions. Miki Satō reprised her role as Rukia Kuchiki. The musical hit six different locations.
The plot is non-canon. The story opens in Karakura Town. A Shinigami was murdered, and all other Shinigami who were sent to investigate were murdered as well. Rukia is assigned to the mission, and she drags Ichigo along. Meanwhile, an incident known as the Red Moon (a literal coloring of the moon by a blood red hue) occurs. The Sixth Division Shinigami find out that it is protected by a force field. As they try to break it, a man interferes. He easily overpowers them. He then chants the phrase "Drink up", and the blood drains from the Shinigami into his sword. Renji comes at the last minute, but also starts to lose the fight. Rukia and Ichigo then appear, but they still could not stop the man (who reveals that his name is Iruma) even with Ichigo using his Hollow powers.
They return to Soul Society where the Tenth Division, and eventually, the Eighth Division and Thirteenth Division are assigned to deal with Iruma after the captains learn of what took place. They go back to the World of the Living and fight Iruma, but he manages to escape. During the fight, a small bird-like Hollow appears and seems to be holding Iruma back, but he shoos it away.
They return again to Soul Society where the history of the sword is unveiled by Ukitake and Kyōraku. It was created by a scientist by merging a Zanpakutō with the powers of a Hollow. As it was a crime to do so, he was executed. Even then, the sword, Battou, continued to claim lives. It was successfully sealed, but the sword was able to break the seal by merging with it and then destroying it. As they finish the story, 10,000 Hollows suddenly appear in Karakura, and all available Shinigami were sent fight them off. Rukia and Ichigo fight Iruma yet again, however, Rukia dies after running to Ichigo's aid and getting stabbed by Iruma in the process. An intense battle ensues, but all Ichigo can do is mourn for Rukia.
The Red Moon suddenly liquefies and forcefully paves a path between Hueco Mundo and Soul Society using the blood obtained from the Shinigami. Iruma enters Soul Society via Senkaimon. It seems that he had baited all the Shinigami out of Soul Society through the Hollows so that he could enter unnoticed. Renji was left behind however, and starts fighting him off though he is still weak from their previous encounter. Ichigo comes, and while they fight, Iruma states his history.
He had a high level of Reiatsu as a Human which allowed him to see and talk to ghosts. He loved a woman named Haruka, but she died in a fire that happened in the orphanage when he was out. He tried to search for her, but all he could see and hear were other ghosts. Battou started talking in his head that Haruka was in Soul Society, and the only way for him to reach it as a man was to pave a path through the Red Moon. Convinced of the plan, he started murdering Shinigami.
As they continue to fight, the bird-like Hollow appears and sides with Ichigo. Iruma cuts it down, and it is revealed to be Haruka. She tells him that she was trying to call out to him after her death, but he was blinded and deafened by grief. She was about to be turned into a Hollow mentally but she fought to keep her humanity at the cost of her words. She falls unconscious and Iruma loses his mind. He merges himself, Battou, and Haruka. Ichigo fought, but he had no chance of beating the monster. Byakuya appears and cuts Iruma with ease. Iruma is still alive but is in pain. This is because though he is separated from Battou, Haruka is still inside him as a Hollow, and combinations of man and Hollow cause unbearable pain to the human. Because of this, Haruka asks Ichigo to cut her out of him. He does so, and Iruma and Haruka talk again for the last time.
Ichigo then goes to the place where Rukia died with Sode no Shirayuki in his hand. He thanks her and says that he should have done this a long time ago. He hears Rukia's voice and thinks that he is hearing it in his head. However, Rukia stands, alive and well, as all the Shinigami who have died because of Battou are revived. She thanks him for crying over her death and is relieved that she could have someone like that. Ichigo tells her that he never wants to see that again. Finally, all the captains, lieutenants, and Shinigami gather together as the curtain draws.
Rock Musical BLEACH Shinsei 2012
In May 2012 it was announced that there would be a reprise of the 2011 Shinsei. This was not really as shocking as it should have been due to the fact that Kido Yuuya, the actor portraying Hitsugaya, had dropped hints that the 2011 Shinsei may come back. Though most of the actors would reprise their roles, Nishijima Kazuhiro would not return to portray Ukitake as the role went to Tsuda Eisuke instead. The 2012 Shinsei would also welcome the addition of Oyama Masashi as Urahara.
|Character name|| Actor/Actress:|
Rock Musical BLEACH
|Saien||The Dark of The Bleeding Moon||Live Bankai Show Code 001||No Clouds in the Blue Heavens||The All||Live Bankai Show Code 002||Live Bankai Show Code 003||Rock Musical Bleach Shinsei 2011||Rock Musical Bleach Shinsei 2012|
|Ichigo Kurosaki||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Tatsuya Isaka||Norizuki Kouhei||Norizuki Kouhei|
|Rukia Kuchiki||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō||Miki Satō|
|Orihime Inoue||Rei Yoshii||Rei Yoshii||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Yasutora Sado||Naofumi Yoshida||Naofumi Yoshida||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Kisuke Urahara||Yousuke Ito||Yousuke Ito||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Oyama Masashi|
|Yoruichi Shihōin||N/A||N/A||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||N/A||N/A|
|Suì-Fēng||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Asuka Sekine||Asuka Sekine||Asuka Sekine||Asuka Sekine||N/A||N/A|
|Gin Ichimaru||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||Yuichi Tsuchiya||N/A||N/A|
|Izuru Kira||N/A||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||Eiki Kitamura||N/A||N/A|
|Retsu Unohana||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Hiroko Kasahara||Hiroko Kasahara||Hiroko Kasahara||Hiroko Kasahara||N/A||N/A|
|Hanatarō Yamada||N/A||N/A||Kōhei Murakami||Kōhei Murakami||N/A||Kōhei Murakami||Kōhei Murakami||Kōhei Murakami||N/A||N/A|
|Sōsuke Aizen||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||Kengo Ohkuchi||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Momo Hinamori||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||Kumiko Saitō||N/A||N/A|
|Byakuya Kuchiki||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Shūji Hayashi||Motohiro Oota||Motohiro Oota|
|Renji Abarai||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Eiji Moriyama||Kujirai Kousuke||Kujirai Kousuke|
|Kaname Tōsen||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Masahiro Kuranuki||Masahiro Kuranuki||Masahiro Kuranuki||Masahiro Kuranuki||N/A||N/A|
|Shūhei Hisagi||N/A||N/A||N/A||Naoya Gomoto||Naoya Gomoto||Naoya Gomoto||Naoya Gomoto||Naoya Gomoto||N/A||N/A|
|Tōshirō Hitsugaya||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Takashi Nagayama||Kido Yuuya||Kido Yuuya|
|Rangiku Matsumoto||N/A||N/A||Harumi Inoue||N/A||N/A||Harumi Inoue||Harumi Inoue||Harumi Inoue||N/A||N/A|
|Kenpachi Zaraki||N/A||N/A||Shōgo Suzuki||N/A||Shōgo Suzuki||Shōgo Suzuki||Shōgo Suzuki||Shōgo Suzuki||N/A||N/A|
|Ikkaku Madarame||N/A||N/A||Takuya Usui||Takuya Usui||Takuya Usui||Takuya Usui||Takuya Usui||Takuya Usui||N/A||N/A|
|Shunsui Kyōraku||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Ishizaka Isamu||Ishizaka Isamu|
|Jūshirō Ukitake||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Nishijima Kazuhiro||Tsuda Eisuke|
|Iruma||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Niiro Shinya||Niiro Shinya|
|Haruka||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Ayano Kanami||Ayano Kanami|
List of Songs
Rock Musical BLEACH
1. Overture - BLEACH 2. Kanarazu Mitsukedasu 3. Magokoro 4. Taisetsu na Koto 5. Urahara Shouten ~ Mezaneta Chikara 6. Taikyo 7. Chiisa na Yasuragi 8. Zabimaru 9. Owaranai Tatakai 10. Death Song 11. Kimi ga Mienai 12. Tamashii Uta 13. Ai Tooku 14. Explosion 15. Hallelujah~Goodbye - Death Song Reprise 16. Soul City no Kioku 17. Shinjitsu no Yukue 18. Ugomeku Ishi 19. Okite Soshite Mayoi 20. BLEACH Reprise 21. Aizen no Shi 22. Tiketsu 23. Tatakai ni Hitsuyou na Mono 24. Soul City no Kioku REPRISE 25. BLEACH Reprise 26. Kawaranai Kimochi
Rock Musical BLEACH Saien
1. Prologue (instrumental) 2. Overture - BLEACH 3. Utoshi Yattsu 4. Taisetsu na Koto / 大切なこと / What is Important (lit. Important thing) 5. Urahara Shoten / 浦原書店 / Urahara Store 6. Mezameta Chikara / 目覚めた力 / Awakened Power 7. Oousu 8. Chiisana Yasuragi / 小さな 安らぎ/ A small tranquil [A little bit of peace] 9. Zabimaru 10. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou / もう一つの地上 / Another plane of existence 11. Nani... 12. Rukongai no Kikou 13. Shinjutsu no Yukue 14. Nemurenu Yoru 15. Okite Soshite Mayoi 16. Overture - BLEACH 17. Aizen no Shi 18. Tatakai ni Hitsuyouna Mono 19. Owaranai Tatakai 20. Curtain Call (Overture - BLEACH Instrumental) 21. DEATH Song 22. Kawaranai Kimochi 23. SONG FOR YOU 24. Silent Wish 25. Hona Sainara/Hallelujah Goodbye
Rock Musical BLEACH The Dark of the Bleeding Moon
1. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon 2. Jigoku Chou no Uta 3. Semai Sora 4. Yamada Hanatarō Desu 5. Temee to Koroshiai ni Kita 6. Tsuki yo Oshiete Kure 7. Nya Nya to Punya Punya 8. Kore ga Kurosaki Ichigo Daze! 9. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon - Sorezore no Tatakai 10. Aizen no Tagami 11. Kaien no Omoide 12. Nido to Ano Te wo Hanasanai 13. Kuzusareta Kakugo 14. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon - Ending 15. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou 16. Te Wo Tsunagou 17. Bengara Koushi 18. Coin 19. Zattsu Otoko 20. Kore ga Kurosaki Ichigo Daze! (instrumental)
Rock Musical BLEACH The Live Bankai Show Code 001
1. Overture - BLEACH 2. Kore ga Kurasaki Ichigo Da ze! 3. SONG FOR YOU 4. DEATH Song 5. EXPLOSION 6. Yamada Hanatarō Desu 7. Nya Nya to Punya Punya 8. Nemurenu Yoru 9. Silent Wish 10. Bengara Koushi 11. Shinjitsu no Yukue 12. Zattsu Otoko 13. Utoshi Yattsu 14. Chisana Yasuragi 15. Tatakai ni Hitsuyouna Mono 16. Rukongai no Kikou 17. Owaranai Tatakai 18. Taiin (Intermission) 19. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou 20. Soukonka 21. Tsuki yo Oshiete Kure 22. Te Wo Tsunagou 23. Kawaranai Kimochi 24. Bleach Soul Shout 25. The Other Side of a Limit 26. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon 27. Hona Sainara/Hallelujah Goodbye
Rock Musical BLEACH No Clouds in the Blue Heavens
1. Ichigo's Intro 2. Furitomenu Ame 3. Yureru Soul Society 4. Seigo wa Kaketa Tatakai 5. Yureru Soul Society - The Other Story 6. Uragiri 7. Hitori Ja Nai 8. Kudakareta Katana 9. Oyasumi Nasai 10. Hanabi (with Lilium) 11. Kore ha Maboroshi Janai 12. Soul Society - Uragirimono 13. Furitomenu Ame - Zatsubou he no Prologue 14. Ore wa Kurosaki Ichigo ni Naru 15. Aizen's Ascent(instrumental) 16. Mamorubeki Mono to Tame ni 17. No Clouds in the Blue Heavens 18. Bleach Soul Shout 19. Taiin 20. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou 21. Catharsis of Eternity 22. Tsuyosa to Eago wo Tabenetara 23. The Other Side of a Limit
Rock Musical BLEACH The All
1. BLEACH 2. Semai Sora 3. Nemurenu Yoru 4. Temee to Koroshiai ni Kita 5. Nani... 6. Tsuki yo Oshiete Kure 7. Kuzusareta Kakugo 8. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon 9. Furitomenu Ame 10. Yureru Soul Society 11. Uragiri 12. Hitori Ja nai 13. Kudakareta Katana 14. Oyasumi Nasai 15. Kore wa Maboroshi jana 16. Yureru Soul Society - Uragirimono 17. Aizen's Ascent 18. Mamorubeki mono no tame ni 19. No Clouds in the Blue Heavens 20. Curtain Call
Rock Musical BLEACH The Live Bankai Show Code 002
1. Bleach Soul Shout 2. Catharsis of Eternity 3. High Risk, No Return (Nomitai) 4. Ore wa Kurosaki Ichigo ni Naru 5. Mou Nido to 6. Tsuyosa to Egao Tabetenara 7. Fuyu no Hanabi 8. Bengara Koushi 9. Zattsu Otoko 10. Tōsen no Uta 11. Yuzurenai Mono Hitotsu 12. Kimi ga Mienai 13. Kaien no Omoide 14. Okite Soshite Mayoi (a cappella) 15. Coin 16. Josei Shinigami Kyoukai 17. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou 18. Where is My Body? 19. No Clouds in the Blue Heavens 20. Yureru Soul Society 21. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon 22. BLEACH 23. Kawaranai Kimochi 24. Hona Sainara 25. The Other Side of a Limit
Rock Musical BLEACH The Live Bankai Show Code 003
1. The Dark of the Bleeding Moon 2. Hona Sainara 3. Yuzurenai Mono Hitotsu 4. Kawaranai Kimochi 5. Mamagoto Onigoto Hakarigoto 6. Josei Shinigami Kyoukai 7. Dansei Shinigami Kyoukai 8. Bengara Koushi 9. Furitomenu Ame 10. Semai Sora 11. Te Wo Tsunagou 12. Tatakai Wo Oe 13. Oyasumi Nasai 14. Catharsis of Eternity 15. Hajimari no Hi 16. Taiin Song 17. High Risk, No Return (Nomitai) 18. Mou Hitotsu no Chijou 19. SONG FOR YOU 20. Where is My Body? 21. Yureru Soul Society 22. BLEACH 23. Bleach Soul Shout 24. The Other Side of a Limit (Senshuuraku Special)
- Studio Pierrot's official site
- Nelke Planning's official site (Through Internet Archive's Wayback Machine)