Reishi (霊子, Spirit Particles) is the main component material of Souls and all spiritual matter.
Reishi composes the spiritual bodies of Hollows and Shinigami, and the two planes of existence, Hueco Mundo and Soul Society in their entirety. Reishi is invisible to mortals, with the exception of spiritually aware ones such as the Quincy; they can, however, still interact with normal matter and produce physical effects. It is noted, however, that Reishi and atoms do not mix well.
There is also a certain amount of Reishi in the Human World. Free Reishi tends to be found in places closer to nature. Quincy collect this Reishi to use for combat in the form of Spirit Weapons. Reishi in the atmosphere is also able to be controlled freely, allowing a person to gather it under their feet so that they can stand on air.
Kishi: The material that makes up the things in the World of the Living.
Hirenkyaku (飛廉脚, Flying Screen Step/God Step, Viz: "Flying Bamboo-Blind Leg") is a method which Quincy use to travel quickly over short distances. Essentially, it is the Quincy equivalent to the Shinigami's Shunpo, or the Arrancar's Sonído.
- Platform Manifestation: An instance of Hirenkyaku that allows the user to create a platform of Reishi under their feet. It can be used in the Garganta, and Hueco Mundo.
Blue Flames: Certain members of the Wandenreich possess the ability to produce blue flames composed of condensed Reishi. These flames are powerful enough to set fire to the rocks and sand of Hueco Mundo, which are usually incapable of burning.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 259
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 70, pages 7-8
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 36, pages 12-13
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 49, page 3
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 63, page 9
- ↑ Bleach Official Character Book Souls, page 258
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 348, page 7-9
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 118, page 13-14, 16, 18
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 487, page 7