|Affiliation||Soul Society, Soul King|
|Position||Protecting the Soul King|
|Previous Position||Captain of the 12th Division|
|Previous Division||12th Division|
|Previous Partner||Hiyori Sarugaki|
|Base of Operations||Soul King Palace|
|Shikai||Not Yet Revealed|
|Bankai||Not Yet Revealed|
|Manga||Volume 58, Chapter 516|
Upon her return to Soul Society, Kirio is a plump, purple haired lady with styled swirl-shaped markings on her cheeks and black lips. She has a large silver adornment in her hair and wears the standard Shinigami uniform beneath a white, long-sleeved haori decorated with the Royal Guard's emblem. Captain Shinji Hirako noted that her appearance has changed drastically since he last saw her, so much so that he didn't even recognize her.
Kirio's true form is a slender and well-endowed version of her plump self with her long hair left down. She is only plump initially as her cooking technique uses up her entire Reiatsu, forcing her to gain as much weight as possible beforehand in order to ensure that her body is able to endure the process.
Kirio comes across as a cheery individual, but has been known to lash out at others, such as striking Shinji Hirako for not recognizing her.
At some point in the past, Kirio invented the Artificial soul, something the Soul King recognized as a significant contribution to Soul Society, hence her promotion to the Royal Guard. During her time as the captain of the 12th Division, her lieutenant, Hiyori Sarugaki, became very attached and came to love Kirio as much as she would her own mother. However, approximately 110 years ago, Kirio left the Gotei 13 to take up a position within the Royal Guard. She was soon succeeded by Kisuke Urahara, but failed to attend his inauguration ceremony.
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
After the death of Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto, Kirio returns to Soul Society with the other members of the Royal Guard, where they are greeted by the surviving Gotei 13 captains and Ichigo Kurosaki. Hitting Captain Shinji Hirako after he remarks that the Royal Guard wasn't what he had expected, she then asks where Hiyori is, before introducing herself after realizing that Shinji didn't recognize her. Shinji replies that she has changed so much that she is like a different person. Kirio and the others later proceed to take Ichigo and some of the injured Shinigami with them to the Soul King Palace. Upon arriving, she hits Kirinji for not properly explaining about the Palace to Ichigo. She then tells him about the Palace's layout.
After Ichigo Kurosaki and Renji Abarai arrive at her palace, Gatonden, Kirio insists on feeding them, providing them with ample food. Kirio explains to them that eating is essential for them to continue training, as if they are not well rested, they will surely die in the next palace. She explains that like her creation, the Soul candy, her food is imbued with Reiatsu, and asks if they can feel it. She then explains that members of the Royal Guard all invented something that influenced the Soul Society and warns them to be wary in the next palace, as one never knows what Ōetsu Nimaiya might do.
Later, after Ichigo launches himself toward the Seireitei, Hikifune asks Kirinji where Ichigo is. When Kirinji reveals he just left, Hikifune throws a package after Ichigo and tells him it is a rice ball for him to eat if he gets hungry on the way to the Seireitei. After Ichigo catches it and thanks her, Hikifune notes Ichigo has changed and states his wavering Reiatsu is just a memory now.
- Gikon: Kirio is the one originally responsible for developing the theory of artificial souls, as well as the means of inserting them into the body, Gikongan.
Powers & Abilities
Master Chef: Kirio is an exceptional cook, able to make any food, even insects, extremely tasty.
- Reiatsu-Infused Cooking: Using the same logic she used to invent Gikongan, Kirio can imbue the food she cooks with Reiatsu in order to strengthen anyone who consumes it beyond any level they could ever assume. Because her method of cooking uses up all of her Reiatsu, Kirio loses most of her weight in the process. As a result, she must bulk up again in between feasts.
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 517, page 3
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 517, pages 1 & 5
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 521, pages 12-14
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 517, pages 4-5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 521, page 15
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter -107, page 16
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter -108, pages 15-16
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter -107, pages 7-10
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 516, pages 14-17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 517, pages 1-18
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 518, pages 15-17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 519, pages 6-7
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 521, pages 8-19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 555, pages 8-9
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 521, pages 9-10
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 521, page 16
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 521, page 14
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 516, page 14