|English||Moon Fang Heaven-Piercer|
|User||Ichigo Kurosaki |
At the instant of the slash, the Zanpakutō absorbs and condenses Ichigo's or Isshin's Reiatsu before releasing it at the tip of the blade, magnifying the slash attack, which flies forward. This slash takes the shape of a crescent moon or wave. Ichigo uses this ability without knowing its name several times, but later masters the technique during his Bankai training. As stated by Zangetsu, knowing the name of an attack heightens its power compared to its strength when the wielder does not know its name. The Getsuga Tenshō is a powerful technique with great force, creating large-scale damage and destruction. Ichigo has used this technique in several different manners, such as striking the ground to create an omnidirectional blast to knock away incoming attacks or slashing at the ground to upturn it and crush everything in its path.
After Ichigo regains his Shinigami powers for the second time, his Getsuga Tenshō is noticeably larger and more powerful in its Shikai form than it was before he lost his powers. A single strike from it can disperse an entire rainstorm and slice off the top of a mansion. After gaining the true form of his Zangetsu, Ichigo can fire a Getsuga Tenshō with his smaller sword simply by pointing it at his target and making a small swipe.
- Enhanced Getsuga Tenshō: Tensa Zangetsu retains the use of Getsuga Tenshō, which can be used in the same manners, but in an enhanced form. When used in Bankai, these potent blasts are black with a red outline, can have their path controlled, and possess explosively augmented power and speed. During his fight with Ichigo, 6th Division Captain Byakuya Kuchiki refers to this attack as a "Kuroi Getsuga" (黒月牙, Black Moon Fang), referring to the attack's darkened color. Ichigo has stated this is originally Zangetsu's technique, which has been proven, as Ichigo had no knowledge of it during his fight with Byakuya and Zangetsu stated Ichigo was copying him when he used the technique. Ichigo can keep a Getsuga Tenshō within Tensa Zangetsu to augment his sword swings.
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 161, page 5
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 161, page 15
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 161, pages 6-8
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 166, page 17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 460, page 19
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 461, pages 1-2 & 6-8
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 583, pages 10-11
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 166, page 6
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 212, page 4
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 219, page 17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 342, page 9