|Bleach: Brave Souls|
|Publisher||KLab Global Pte. Ltd.|
|Release|| July 23, 2015|
January 14, 2016
|Ratings||4.3 on Google Play Store
4.5 Stars on App Store
Bleach: Brave Souls is an action game based on Bleach for Android and iOS devices. The game is published by KLab Global Pte. Ltd. and goes through the entire story of Bleach up to the Lost Agent arc.
Playable characters are rated by a rarity range from one to six stars, one star being the most common, and five stars being the rarest and hardest to obtain. Once maxing out a five stars soul tree and level you can evolve it to six star. Six stars could also be obtained in a summon gacha once and haven't been in a summons since then but they might come back in a future gacha.
At the beginning of the Story mode, the player starts with a two-star Ichigo Kurosaki and gets one random five star character for free. If the player earns gift boxes during a quest, they can receive various characters from it (one to certain five stars, depending on the quest). Characters can also be unlocked by using Summon in the Shop/Summon mode. Summoning one character, which costs 25 Spirit Orbs, will grant the player a random character. The player can also choose to summon ten characters at once, for a cost of 250 Spirit Orbs. Doing this will guarantee at least one of the summoned characters being four star character. Some special events will also give the player Normal Summons Tickets and Premium Summons Tickets, which can be redeemed for a free summon. A Normal Ticket will grant the player a character from one to two stars, while a Premium Ticket will grant the player a character from three to five stars. Since April 2016, other variations of Summoning Tickets have arrived. The Brave Souls tickets grants a random character from three to five stars, in which summoning five stars has a slightly increased rate, while the 4/5* Tickets guarantees a four- or rarely a five-star characters.
All character progression are based on leveling, ascension, and Soul Tree progression. Leveling in the same way as traditional leveling of characters in MMO/RPGs. Ascension is a process where the player must use a series of fodder characters to increase a leveling limit point. The Soul Tree progression focuses on a complex RPG stat tree where players must increase each nodes of several stats (Attack, Defense, Stamina, Focus, Spiritual Pressure) using crystals (for one to five stars) or Jewels (for six star characters). Players can get Crystals and Jewels from the Story mode, Coop, or from the Urahara Training Grounds.
Since the first of July 2016, the Awakening System has been released to the game. Awakening involves taking a level 100 and 100% Soul Tree five star character and fusing it with a special Jewel called the Hōgyoku. The amount of Hōgyoku required for Awakening where gacha characters requires three Hōgyoku, while free five star characters require five Hōgyoku. After Awakening, the rarity of the selected five star becomes a six star. In addition to Awakening, the level is reset back to 1 and the Soul Tree is changed to include Skill Nodes, which used to physically enhance a character's certain skill. Skill Nodes requires raid characters (which can be dropped from the raids), skill keys (appears in special events), orbs (not recommended), or jewels (seasonal characters and frenzy characters are the only characters that only require jewels).
As of early June 2017, after a player reached 6* Lv150 and 100% Soul Tree on their character, they are granted the option to Release them. Release is a process of unlocking more levels on a maxed out 6* character to further enhance their stats. To Release a character, the player is required to use Hōgyoku's Will, which are found rarely in Character Raids, given guaranteed as Orders rewards, and through high-tier PVP rankings. After the character is Released, the Soul Tree is expanded to show unlockable Level nodes. The nodes are unlocked using Droplets, which are found only in Raids and sometimes rarely in the Inheritance Zone. A new zone ,that is moderately hard, called the Enriched Zone can give you droplets of each color in few amounts. This event comes out rarely. Gacha characters require 3 Hogyoku's Wills, while free characters require 5 Hōgyoku's Wills. Droplet for Releasing characters are varied, but all Released characters can increase their level up to 200.
Some characters from the Bleach universe are available across multiple rarities and attributes, along with some also being available in certain "event" versions (New Years, Valentine's Day, and White Day, among others). Currently, the following characters are playable:
|Character||Star Rating||Form 1||Form 2||Form 3||Form 4||Form 5|
|Byakuya Kuchiki||Shinigami Captain (Sealed, Shikai, Bankai, Gōkei, Senkei)||Timeskip version (Royal Guard Cloak (Bankai secret technique))||Senbonzakura duo||New Year||Swimsuit|
|Coyote Starrk||Base||Resurrección (Twin Guns, Twin Swords)|
|Dordoni Alessandro Del Socaccio||Base|
|Franceska Mila Rose||Base|
|Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto||Shinigami Captain (Sealed)||Shikai||Hakuda|
|Gin Ichimaru||Shinigami Captain (sealed, Shikia & Bankai)||Heuco Mundo (Bankai)||White Day||Yukata|
|Giriko Kutsuzawa||Base||Ichigo's Fullbring Absorbed|
|Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez||Base||Resurrección||Japanese Parasol||White Day|
|Hanatarō Yamada||Base||Hisagomaru duo||Christmas|
|Hiyori Sarugaki||Visored (Shikai)||Shinigami (Shikai)||Christmas|
|Ichigo Kurosaki||Shinigami (Sealed, Shikai, Bankai, Saigo no Getsuga Tenshō & White Ichigo duo )||Hollowfication (Visored mask, partial & full Hollow form)||Post-Timeskip (Bankai)||Memories of Nobody (Bankai)||New Year, Swimsuit & Halloween|
|Ikkaku Madarame||Base (Sealed, Shikai & Bankai)||Hōzukimaru duo||Post Timeskip (Shikai)|
|Izuru Kira||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||Shin'ō Academy|
|Jackie Tristan||Base||Ichigo's Fullbring Absorbed|
|Jūshirō Ukitake||Base (Past & Soul Society arc)||Captain (Sealed, Shikai)||Sōgyo no Kotowari duo||Japanese Parasol||Christmas|
|Kaien Shiba||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||New Year|
|Kaname Tōsen||Shinigami (Sealed, Shikai & Bankai)||Hueco Mundo (Shikai)|
|Kenpachi Zaraki||Shinigami (Power sealed & released, Kendo)||Post Timeskip (Lost Agent arc with power released)||Shikai||Bankai (Special only)||White Day|
|Kensei Muguruma||Shinigami||Visored (Sealed, Shikai & Bankai)|
|Kisuke Urahara||Shinigami||Hat-and-Clogs (Sealed & Shikai)||Christmas|
|Kōga Kuchiki||Shinigami (Shikai)||Muramasa duo|
|Kūgo Ginjō||Base (Cross of Scaffold)||Bankai|
|Lisa Yadōmaru||Shinigami Lieutenant (Shikai)||Visored (Shikai)||Christmas|
|Love Aikawa||Shinigami||Visored (Sealed & Shikai)||Christmas|
|Mayuri Kurotsuchi||Soul Society Arc (Sealed, Shikai & Bankai)||Hueco Mundo Arc (Shikai)||Ashisogi Jizō duo|
|Momo Hinamori||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||Tobiume duo||Shin'ō Academy||Halloween||Valentine's Day|
|Nanao Ise||Base||Japanese Parasol||Cacao Society (Valentine's Day)|
|Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck||Nel Tu (Child)||Espada (Sealed)||Resurrección||Swimsuit||Valentine's Day|
|Nnoitra Gilga||Base||Resurrección (4 & 6 arms)|
|Orihime Inoue||Soul Society Arc||Hueco Mundo Arc||Post Timeskip||School Uniform, Swimsuit, New year||Halloween (Frankenstein Bride & Pumpkin Potato)|
|Rangiku Matsumoto||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||Haineko duo||Valentine's Day||Swimsuit||Halloween|
|Renji Abarai||Base (Sealed, Shikai, Bankai & Zabimaru duo)||Post Timeskip (Shikai)||Shin'ō Academy||Swimsuit||New year, Halloween|
|Retsu Unohana||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||Minazuki duo||The First Kenpachi (Bankai)||Swimsuit|
|Riruka Dokugamine||Base||Ichigo's Fullbring Absorbed||Swimsuit||Christmas|
|Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi||Shinigami Captain (Shikai)||Visored|
|Rukia Kuchiki||Base (Sealed, Shikai, Kidō & Sode no Shirayuki duo)||Shin'ō Academy||Post Timeskip (Shikai)||Tiny Devil Version, Swimsuit||New Year, Valentine's Day, Halloween & Christmas|
|Sajin Komamura||Masked (Sealed)||Unmasked (Shikai, Bankai, & Tenken duo)||Post Timeskip||Humanification Technique (True Bankai)||Christmas|
|Shinji Hirako||Shinigami Captain (short hair & long hair, Hollow Mask)||Karakura High School uniform (Sealed & Shikai)||Yukata|
|Shūhei Hisagi||Base (Sealed, Shikai & Kazeshini duo)||White Day||Christmas|
|Shunsui Kyōraku||Base (Sealed & Shikai)||Post Timeskip (Bankai)||Katen Kyōkotsu duo||Japanese Parasol|
|Sode no Shirayuki||Base|
|Sōgyo no Kotowari||Base|
|Sōsuke Aizen||Shinigami Lieutenant||Shinigami Captain (Sealed & Shikai (no glasses))||Hueco Mundo arc (Shikai)||Hōgyoku Fusion ("Phantom" & "Butterfly" forms (3rd & 4th fusions))||White Day|
|Suì-Fēng||Base (Sealed, Shikai, Bankai & Suzumebachi duo)||Shunkō||Post Timeskip (Bankai)||Valentine's Day||Swimsuit & Halloween|
|Tessai Tsukabishi||Urahara Shop Worker||Kidō Corps Captain|
|Tier Harribel||Base||Resurrección||Christmas||Cacao Society (Valentine's Day)|
|Tōshirō Hitsugaya||Base (Sealed, Shikai & Bankai||Post Timeskip (Bankai without petals & Adult Matured Bankai)||Hyōrinmaru duo||White Day, Swimsuit||The Diamond Dust Rebellion (Shikai)|
|Ulquiorra Cifer||Base||Resurrección||Resurrección Segunda Etapa||White Day|
|Ururu Tsumugiya||Base||Christmas (Post Timeskip)|
|Uryū Ishida||Agent of the Shinigami Arc||Sanrei Glove & Quincy: Letzt Stil||Hueco Mundo Arc||Post Timeskip||Halloween|
|White Ichigo||Shikai||Bankai||Full Hollow Form|
|Yachiru Kusajishi||Base (Sealed)||Post Timeskip (Shikai)||Valentine's Day|
|Yasutora Sado||Base (no powers)||Brazo Derecha de Gigante||Defensive Shield Form||Post Timeskip (Defensive Shield)|
|Yin and Yang||Base|
|Yoruichi Shihōin||Cat||Present day (Shunkō, Anti-Hierro Armor)||Halloween||Swimsuit||Cacao Society (Valentine's Day)|
|Yukio Hans Vorarlberna||Base||Ichigo's Fullbring Absorbed|
|Yumichika Ayasegawa||Base (Sealed, Shikai)||Ruri'iro Kujaku duo|
|Zangetsu||"Old Man" (Shikai)||Youth form (Bankai)||Merged Hollow Form|
- Story: A playthrough of the entire story of Bleach up to the Fullbring arc. With each completed quest, the story progresses. Each quest will use one Soul Ticket, and if the player uses all their Soul Tickets, they must wait until a certain amount of time passes or buy more with Spirit Orbs. During Story mode, temporary quests will appear that task the player to complete a specific objective.
- Brave Battles: The player pits their three-character team against another player's team. The player can choose what characters to use and attributes to strengthen their characters with in order to gain the advantage, but otherwise the battle is completely automated. Winning battles will increase the player's score and allow them to be promoted from the Seated Officer class to Lieutenant, and then to Captain.
- Co-Op Quests: The player can team up with one to three other players to complete cooperative challenges. They can join an existing room or create a new one. During challenges, players can set pre-existing chat phrases to communicate with the others.
- Shop/Summon: Where the player can summon new characters and new accessories. Players can also purchase Spirit Orbs, Coins, Packs, Soul Tickets, EXP Boosters, Character Slots, and Accessory Slots with real money.
- Edit: Where the player can edit their character teams and view character statistics. They can also augment their characters' strength in several ways: by performing an Ascension, which fuses the character with selected unused characters to gain EXP, by equipping them with accessories, or by linking them with other characters. There is also the Soul Tree, which has various stat boosts that can be bought with coins.
- Inventory: The player can view their accessories, characters, and crystals, and can equip their characters with accessories.
- Friends: The player can befriend other users in the game and view their game statistics. The player can also befriend others through social networks.
- Orders: Where the player can view various achievements and collect rewards for completing them.
- Gift Box: Where the player can collect gifts, Characters, Soul Tickets, and Friend Points for completing various objectives in the game.
- Options: Where the player can alter various game settings and look at the help menu.
- Chat: The player can chat online with other game players. Whilst a user is in play, they can then choose to switch rooms by clicking the change room button.
- Login Bonus When a player logs into the game daily they will receive the following items: Soul Tickets, Coins, Spirit Orbs, rare medals, Medium stamina crystals, and tickets. After retrieving these items they will be sent to the Gift Box where they can be collected.
- Events When a player accesses the game, they can take part in various events where they can earn characters and various other things. Events can have Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Nightmare modes. Usually harder modes give out better rewards.
- In English versions of the game, several characters are listed with alternate spellings of their names, like Suì-Fēng and Yylfordt Granz.
- The game also does not include the macrons in characters' names that distinguish the long vowels in the spelling.
The game received mixed reviews, earning an average of 3.8 out of 5, from about sixteen thousand users, on the Google Play Store after the first week of its English release. Customers praised its gameplay, but criticized how the game was unable to be downloaded on rooted devices.
|Blade Battlers||Blade Battlers · 2nd|
|DS||The Blade of Fate · Dark Souls · The 3rd Phantom · Flame Bringer|
|Nintendo Console||Tasogare ni Mamieru Shinigami · Shattered Blade · Versus Crusade|
|Heat the Soul||Heat the Soul · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7|
|Soul Carnival||Soul Carnival · 2|
|Single Games||Hanatareshi Yabou · Kurenai ni Somaru Soul Society · Erabareshi Tamashii · Soul Resurrección · Brave Souls · Paradise Lost|