"Nope, no good! Dealing with you is just gonna take way too much time. I'd better not bother. I mean, if I was gonna make you die, I reckon I'd have to try out way too many different tactics. Sorry, but I'm just awful with that kind of finicky stuff. I like to get things over with in a flash, y'know?"
|Askin Nakk Le Vaar|
|Epithet||"D" - "The Deathdealing"|
|Base of Operations||Silbern|
Askin has medium length black hair, with a strand hanging down in front of his face, reaching his mouth. In addition to his Sternritter uniform, he wears an ornamental bracer on his left arm. He has a thin face with pronounced cheekbones and markings running from the ends of his eyebrows to the corners of his eyes.
Askin is very sarcastic, pointing out how Bazz-B states that he is calm despite preparing to attack Jugram Haschwalth. He is also quite arrogant, questioning the intelligence of the scientists of the Shinigami Research and Development Institute. He tries to trick his opponents, wanting 12th Division Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi to pursue him into a trap. By his own admission, he is not good at dealing with meticulous details, and would rather finish things quickly. Askin is incredibly laid back and relaxed, having a picnic in the middle of a battlefield and using binoculars to watch his fellow Sternritter fight, although he dislikes getting caught in the mess that Gremmy Thoumeaux creates.
The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Following the meeting where Yhwach nominates Uryū Ishida as his successor, Askin breaks up a confrontation between Jugram Haschwalth and Bazz-B. He states that he helped them by preventing a fight from erupting, stating that Yhwach dislikes fights, and warns them about having onlookers. He says a fight would be bad for their positions, especially for Haschwalth.
During the Wandenreich's second assault on Soul Society, Askin appears within the space where the Shinigami Research and Development Institute used to be and explains to the researchers present how the Quincy had been hiding in the shadows for the past 1000 years. Askin is in turn surprised by the appearance of 12th Division Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi from within an invisible room. Mayuri states that Askin probably wants to verify their intelligence before leaving.
After analyzing Mayuri's appearance, Askin decides to retreat from battle, claiming that he does not want to spend time trying different ways to kill Mayuri. He states he is not a detail-oriented person and attempts to leave, but asks Mayuri if he isn't going to stop him, prompting Mayuri to say that he wants time to analyze Askin's Reiatsu. When Mayuri hypothesizes that Askin wants him to follow him into his "territory", Askin states that this deduction is scary. After sensing 2nd Division Captain Suì-Fēng dealing a harsh blow to BG9, Askin reveals that Yhwach expected the captains who lost their Bankai to master different ways to fight before confirming Mayuri's suspicions of the Sternritter being prepared for this.
Later, Askin watches Kenpachi Zaraki's battle with Gremmy Thoumeaux through a pair of binoculars while eating and notes how impressive it is for Kenpachi to be fighting on par with Gremmy before stating he does not understand why Yhwach would allow Gremmy onto the battlefield in the first place. When PePe Waccabrada appears and says things would have been better if Yhwach had kept a monster like Gremmy locked up, Askin notes Pepe is a monster himself, prompting Pepe to state Askin is one as well. Deciding to leave, Askin claims he is not a fan of getting caught up in Gremmy's mess and states he does not want to sound as though he is belittling Gremmy before Askin noting society looks down on those who dream all day without doing anything. However, he states that, after having seen Gremmy do the impossible, it is probably better that dreams do not become reality.
Moments later, a nervous Askin watches as the meteorite which Gremmy summoned hurtles toward the Seireitei and notes Gremmy has gone mad before stating he should have been handled differently. When Ichigo Kurosaki arrives on the battlefield, Askin notes that it is time and wonders if he will be lucky enough to get chosen. Later, in the Soul King Palace when Yhwach summons his elite Sternritter, Askin is among those who emerge from his shadow and notes that he is the only one of a lower rank that was promoted. When Askin states he should probably not hold back, Gerard Valkyrie promises to cut him down if the former gets in his way. When Kirio Hikifune surrounds the group with a cage of trees, Askin is surprised by what has happened.
After Ōetsu Nimaiya appears, Askin expresses shock when Gerard is abruptly dispatched. He is the last of the four elite Sternritter to be cut down, but due to comprehending the cutting power of Nimaiya's sword, he was able to avoid a fatal injury by leaping away from Nimaiya's path. As Nimaiya praises Askin for anticipating his maneuver, Askin laments the fact that he still got cut despite his effort before promptly having his neck slashed. He then surprises Nimaiya by revealing that he is not dead, stating that it is not yet over. Lamenting his ability, Askin states that the reason Yhwach took him in was because he wouldn't die and that in thinking about his power, he feels as though he is always close to dying.
Powers & Abilities
Reishi Manipulation: As a Quincy, Askin primarily absorbs spiritual energy from the atmosphere, and combines it with his own spiritual energy to form weapons. He has an easier time collecting this energy in environments with higher concentrations of Reishi such as in Soul Society or Hueco Mundo.
- Hirenkyaku Practitioner: Askin possesses some skill in Hirenkyaku, as he was quick enough to dodge a fatal attack from Ōetsu Nimaiya. 
The Deathdealing (致死量 (ザ・デスディーリング), Za Desudīringu; Japanese for "Lethal Dose"): With this ability, Askin is able to survive otherwise fatal injuries.
- (To Bazz-B and Jugram Haschwalth) "I would advise you both to let this matter lie. There is nothing pleasant about such petty fighting. For you in particular, it will be nothing but a poison. Would you not agree, Future Emperor?"
- (To the members of the SRDI) "Weren't you listening to my explanation? I would have thought a place called the Research and Development Institute would be home to a little more intelligence. I didn't need to 'get inside' at all. I've been in here from the very beginning."
- (To Mayuri Kurotsuchi) "Nope, no good! Dealing with you is just gonna take way too much time. I'd better not bother. I mean if I was gonna make you die, I reckon I'd have to try out way too many different tactics. Sorry, but I'm just awful with that kind of finicky stuff. I like to get things over with in a flash, y'know?"
- (To Pepe regarding Gremmy Thoumeaux) "Society always looks down on those people who spend all their time dreaming and don't actually achieve anything, but then you look at a guy who can achieve anything he likes just by dreaming, and you think, hey, maybe it's not such a bad thing that most dreams don't come true."
Battles & Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 599, page 9
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Bleach manga; Chapter 543, page 14
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 547, page 9
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 547, page 13
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 550, page 3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Bleach manga; Chapter 550, pages 1-2
- ↑ Bleach manga; chapter 575, pages 4-6
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 490, pages 1-3
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 543, pages 13-15
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 547, pages 11 & 14-17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 550, pages 1-4
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 575, pages 2-4
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 577, page 3
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 582, page 17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 599, pages 6-10
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 600, page 13
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 601, pages 5-17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 49, page 3
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 547, page 11
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 601, page 14
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 499, page 5
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 601, pages 14-17
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 543, page 16
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 547, page 16
- ↑ Bleach manga; Chapter 575, page 4
|Current Members||Ryūken Ishida • Uryū Ishida • Yhwach • Shaz Domino • NaNaNa Najahkoop • Jugram Haschwalth • Bazz-B • Candice Catnipp • Meninas McAllon • Liltotto Lamperd • Askin Nakk Le Vaar • BG9 • Giselle Gewelle • PePe Waccabrada • Ichigo Kurosaki • Lille Barro • Pernida Parnkgjas • Gerard Valkyrie|
|Deceased||Sōken Ishida • Masaki Kurosaki • Quilge Opie • Driscoll Berci • Berenice Gabrielli • Jerome Guizbatt • Loyd Lloyd • Royd Lloyd • Kanae Katagiri • Cang Du • Bambietta Basterbine • Mask De Masculine • Äs Nödt • Guenael Lee • Gremmy Thoumeaux • Nianzol Weizol|
|List||List of Quincy|
|Abilities||Spirit Weapon • Reishi|
|Techniques||Heilig Pfeil • Hirenkyaku • Quincy: Letzt Stil • Ransōtengai • Klavier • Licht Regen • Quincy: Vollständig • Blut • Kirchenlied: Sankt Zwinger|
|Items||Sanrei Glove • Quincy Bangle • Seele Schneider • Gintō|
|Military||Sternritter • Jagdarmee|
|Members||A: Yhwach (Sovereign) • A: Uryū Ishida • Arrancar: Asguiaro Ebern • Luders Friegen|
|Jagdarmee||Executive Hunting Captain: J: Quilge Opie|
|Sternritter||B: Jugram Haschwalth • C: Pernida Parnkgjas • D: Askin Nakk Le Vaar • E: Bambietta Basterbine • F: Äs Nödt • G: Liltotto Lamperd • H: Bazz-B • I: Cang Du • K: BG9 • L: PePe Waccabrada • M: Gerard Valkyrie • O: Driscoll Berci • P: Meninas McAllon • Q: Berenice Gabrielli • R: Jerome Guizbatt • S: Mask De Masculine • T: Candice Catnipp • U: NaNaNa Najahkoop • V: Gremmy Thoumeaux • W: Nianzol Weizol • X: Lille Barro • Y: Loyd Lloyd • Y: Royd Lloyd • Z: Giselle Gewelle • ?: Shaz Domino • ?: Unnamed Male Sternritter|
|Related||Wandenreich • Jagdarmee • Sternritter • Quincy • Arrancar|